West Quay Fundraisers help local causes
- Credit: Archant
Charity group hosts its presentation night with money handed to several local good causes.
THE hard working West Quay Fundraisers of Appledore have once again handed out thousands of pounds to good causes.
After a variety of community events and activities throughout the year, the proceeds were split between local charities at a presentation night hosted by the Beaver Inn, Appledore.
The group’s chosen charities North Devon Hospice and Children’s Hospice South West both received £1,000, as did cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
The Chemotherapy Appeal, brain injury charity Headway, Tarka Child Contact and Carewise were all presented with £500.
You may also want to watch:
Disability charity REMAP, Appledore Brownies and Guides plus Bideford and District Archives all received £250.
In the 16 years it has been running, members of the West Quay Fundraisers have amassed almost £100,000 for good causes and hope the people of North Devon will continue to support them.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted