West Quay Fundraisers help local causes
- Credit: Archant
Charity group hosts its presentation night with money handed to several local good causes.
THE hard working West Quay Fundraisers of Appledore have once again handed out thousands of pounds to good causes.
After a variety of community events and activities throughout the year, the proceeds were split between local charities at a presentation night hosted by the Beaver Inn, Appledore.
The group’s chosen charities North Devon Hospice and Children’s Hospice South West both received £1,000, as did cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
The Chemotherapy Appeal, brain injury charity Headway, Tarka Child Contact and Carewise were all presented with £500.
You may also want to watch:
Disability charity REMAP, Appledore Brownies and Guides plus Bideford and District Archives all received £250.
In the 16 years it has been running, members of the West Quay Fundraisers have amassed almost £100,000 for good causes and hope the people of North Devon will continue to support them.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 7 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs