West Buckland School plans approved
- Credit: David Wilson Partnership Limited.
School given green light for £5million scheme to build new study centre and boarding house.
WEST Buckland School has been granted planning permission for its new £5million Study Centre and Sixth Form Boarding House.
Construction will begin this month, with the development set to transform the study areas for senior school pupils and the living arrangements for sixth form boarders when both buildings open in autumn 2015.
The Study Centre will include a ground floor classroom, open plan study spaces, library, IT resources and a careers and higher education area.
The first floor will provide a classroom and dedicated sixth form study area and further IT. The design will enable students to work in a similar environment to the one they are likely to experience at university.
You may also want to watch:
The boarding house will provide 70 ensuite single bedrooms for boys and girls along with a variety of social spaces.
“Our new Study Centre will provide pupils with an outstanding environment, enabling them to learn independently and fulfil their academic potential,” said headmaster John Vick.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
“The Sixth Form Boarding House will be a superb facility and combined with the centre, will help our senior students prepare for university and enjoy their full experience in the West Buckland Sixth Form.
“This development is one of the most significant in West Buckland’s 150 year history and demonstrates our continued ambition and commitment to provide all of our day and boarding students with the best facilities and learning opportunities.”