West Buckland Festival supports ShelterBox
THE West Buckland Festival has donated enough money from its proceeds this year to buy three ShelterBoxes. The money waas handed over to Rotarian Michael Mant from the Rotary Club of Barnstaple who is the Shelterbox coordinator for North Devon. Mr Mant s
THE West Buckland Festival has donated enough money from its proceeds this year to buy three ShelterBoxes.
The money waas handed over to Rotarian Michael Mant from the Rotary Club of Barnstaple who is the Shelterbox coordinator for North Devon.
Mr Mant said: "The generous donation from West Buckland Festival takes us over our target of 100 boxes for this calendar year."
Bryan Jones, the President of the Rotary Club of Barnstaple, said: "The club has managed to reach this target in several ways, including street collections following several disasters this year and many presentations carried out by the club's ShelterBox team at the request of various organisations such as churches, schools, Scouts, WI and several requests from ShelterBox HQ at Helston."
You may also want to watch:
The club also received several private donations from individuals to purchase complete boxes at �490 each.
Each box contains a disaster relief tent for up to 10 people, blankets, water purification equipment, a stove and cooking utensils and other items essential for survival.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
ShelterBox at Helston has so far this year sent more boxes to disaster areas worldwide than ever before since their inception 10 years ago.
West Buckland Festival, raises money for St Peter's Church in the village, where most of the events are held, and supports another local charity each year.