West Buckland Festival supports ShelterBox
THE West Buckland Festival has donated enough money from its proceeds this year to buy three ShelterBoxes. The money waas handed over to Rotarian Michael Mant from the Rotary Club of Barnstaple who is the Shelterbox coordinator for North Devon. Mr Mant s
THE West Buckland Festival has donated enough money from its proceeds this year to buy three ShelterBoxes.
The money waas handed over to Rotarian Michael Mant from the Rotary Club of Barnstaple who is the Shelterbox coordinator for North Devon.
Mr Mant said: "The generous donation from West Buckland Festival takes us over our target of 100 boxes for this calendar year."
Bryan Jones, the President of the Rotary Club of Barnstaple, said: "The club has managed to reach this target in several ways, including street collections following several disasters this year and many presentations carried out by the club's ShelterBox team at the request of various organisations such as churches, schools, Scouts, WI and several requests from ShelterBox HQ at Helston."
You may also want to watch:
The club also received several private donations from individuals to purchase complete boxes at �490 each.
Each box contains a disaster relief tent for up to 10 people, blankets, water purification equipment, a stove and cooking utensils and other items essential for survival.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant of Devon pays tribute to Prince Philip
ShelterBox at Helston has so far this year sent more boxes to disaster areas worldwide than ever before since their inception 10 years ago.
West Buckland Festival, raises money for St Peter's Church in the village, where most of the events are held, and supports another local charity each year.