West Buckland Festival supports ShelterBox
THE West Buckland Festival has donated enough money from its proceeds this year to buy three ShelterBoxes. The money waas handed over to Rotarian Michael Mant from the Rotary Club of Barnstaple who is the Shelterbox coordinator for North Devon. Mr Mant s
THE West Buckland Festival has donated enough money from its proceeds this year to buy three ShelterBoxes.
The money waas handed over to Rotarian Michael Mant from the Rotary Club of Barnstaple who is the Shelterbox coordinator for North Devon.
Mr Mant said: "The generous donation from West Buckland Festival takes us over our target of 100 boxes for this calendar year."
Bryan Jones, the President of the Rotary Club of Barnstaple, said: "The club has managed to reach this target in several ways, including street collections following several disasters this year and many presentations carried out by the club's ShelterBox team at the request of various organisations such as churches, schools, Scouts, WI and several requests from ShelterBox HQ at Helston."
The club also received several private donations from individuals to purchase complete boxes at �490 each.
Each box contains a disaster relief tent for up to 10 people, blankets, water purification equipment, a stove and cooking utensils and other items essential for survival.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 8 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 9 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 10 Together we can look forward to 2022
ShelterBox at Helston has so far this year sent more boxes to disaster areas worldwide than ever before since their inception 10 years ago.
West Buckland Festival, raises money for St Peter's Church in the village, where most of the events are held, and supports another local charity each year.