Well done on Knapp
I was very pleased to see that the proposed development at Knapp House was rejected. Well done to the councillors who voted to refuse the application.
I believe upwards of 4,000 houses are planned for the Bideford area. I do not believe this is desirable or necessary.
I fear for the future of the local woods, some of which are already under attack.
Good agricultural land will also be lost. The birds and other creatures that live in those woods and fields will lose their homes. Imagine if we were to lose our homes.
Furthermore, I do not believe it is of benefit to the tourist industry. A lot of holidaymakers come to this area because it is relatively unspoilt. They do not come here to see a replica of where they’ve come from.
You may also want to watch:
I sincerely hope that those councillors who have a say in how much development takes place in the Bideford locality will stand up for the immediate countryside.
If they do not then Bideford is in danger of, far from being the little white town, becoming a big urban sprawl.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple