Well done on Knapp
I was very pleased to see that the proposed development at Knapp House was rejected. Well done to the councillors who voted to refuse the application.
I believe upwards of 4,000 houses are planned for the Bideford area. I do not believe this is desirable or necessary.
I fear for the future of the local woods, some of which are already under attack.
Good agricultural land will also be lost. The birds and other creatures that live in those woods and fields will lose their homes. Imagine if we were to lose our homes.
Furthermore, I do not believe it is of benefit to the tourist industry. A lot of holidaymakers come to this area because it is relatively unspoilt. They do not come here to see a replica of where they’ve come from.
I sincerely hope that those councillors who have a say in how much development takes place in the Bideford locality will stand up for the immediate countryside.
If they do not then Bideford is in danger of, far from being the little white town, becoming a big urban sprawl.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 4 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 5 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 6 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 7 How your legacy can make a difference to our future
- 8 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 9 2021 was breakthrough year for Cancer and Wellbeing Fern Centre
- 10 Prize photography competition open for entries