Well done Jenny!
MODELLING hopeful Jenny Moore has taken first place on the podium in her quest to become a motorsport grid girl . Following her eleventh-hour appeal for votes in last week s Gazette, the 25-year-old Barnstaple girl received more than 400 votes in three d
MODELLING hopeful Jenny Moore has taken first place on the podium in her quest to become a motorsport "grid girl".
Following her eleventh-hour appeal for votes in last week's Gazette, the 25-year-old Barnstaple girl received more than 400 votes in three days to see her first past the chequered flag by more than 100 votes.
Jenny received a total of 1,105 votes and will now appear in the in the official Thundersport 2010 calendar, to be shot later this year. Before that, she will be getting pulses racing trackside when she appears at her first race as a grid girl on Sunday, July 12.
"I'm so happy and want to say thank-you to the Gazette and all the readers who voted for me," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"The article pushed the votes up by over 400 in just a few days, so I'm really grateful.
"My first race as a grid girl will be at Snetterton Race Circuit, in Norfolk, next month.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users