Well done Jenny!
MODELLING hopeful Jenny Moore has taken first place on the podium in her quest to become a motorsport grid girl . Following her eleventh-hour appeal for votes in last week s Gazette, the 25-year-old Barnstaple girl received more than 400 votes in three d
MODELLING hopeful Jenny Moore has taken first place on the podium in her quest to become a motorsport "grid girl".
Following her eleventh-hour appeal for votes in last week's Gazette, the 25-year-old Barnstaple girl received more than 400 votes in three days to see her first past the chequered flag by more than 100 votes.
Jenny received a total of 1,105 votes and will now appear in the in the official Thundersport 2010 calendar, to be shot later this year. Before that, she will be getting pulses racing trackside when she appears at her first race as a grid girl on Sunday, July 12.
"I'm so happy and want to say thank-you to the Gazette and all the readers who voted for me," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"The article pushed the votes up by over 400 in just a few days, so I'm really grateful.
"My first race as a grid girl will be at Snetterton Race Circuit, in Norfolk, next month.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple