Welcome Back to Bideford event hopes to bring sense of normality
- Credit: Lucy Lowe
Bideford will soon be hosting a trio of town centre events aimed at boosting the local economy and bringing back a sense of normality following the Covid-19 pandemic.
The first event takes place next Wednesday (August 25) and will be based at the Pannier Market in Bideford, with walkabout entertainment and music along Mill Street.
The Welcome Back to Bideford event will be running from 10am until 4pm and will be free to attend and participate in.
A spokesperson for the event said: “There will be a bouncy castle, face painting, circus workshops, a chance to get up close and personal with some creatures from Really Wild Learning, close up magic and balloon fun, Boo Boo the Clown, Spider-Man, free crafts workshops and more! Come down and get involved - a perfect day out for all ages!”
The welcome back fund is a central Government initiative to encourage people to begin using town/city centres post pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a further two events organised in the town as part of this incentive, including Meet the Makers on September 26, an opportunity to meet local craftspeople and participate in a variety of craft workshops, and a Christmas Food and Drink Festival on November 28.
Full details will be available on Facebook - search ‘Welcome Back to Bideford’. If you have any queries about the event or would like to get involved, please contact Lucy Lowe on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's