Wedding bells at the Gazette offices
- Credit: Archant
LOVE is in the air at the Gazette offices, with four members of the sales team getting engaged over the Christmas holidays.
Lucy Evans, Emily Tippet, Sian Lewis and Steph Jones all found their partners getting down on one knee in the four days over Christmas.
Sian’s partner Simon Jarratt was the first to propose on December 23, and the couple are planning to get married in November this year.
On Christmas Eve, Steph and her partner Craig Woodhouse, who have just had a baby girl called Molly, became the next couple to get engaged.
Emily’s partner Adam Farmer popped the question on Christmas Day, and Lucy and Ben, who are expecting a baby in July, got engaged on Boxing Day.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy, who has booked her big day for June 2014, said: “I kept seeing on Facebook everyone was getting engaged; but Ben kept me waiting.
“After Christmas Eve and Christmas Day I didn’t think it was going to happen, so he caught me by surprise.”
- 1 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 2 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
None of the girls had any idea about the other’s proposals beforehand, and were all taken by surprise.
“It was completely out of the blue, I wasn’t expecting it at all,” said Steph.
Sian added: “Simon had asked me about the ring a while ago, but I had no idea it was coming.”
The couples are all busy planning their big days, and helping bounce ideas off of each other.
“We’re quite excited about it, it’s nice to all be able to talk to each other and find out where everyone is in the planning stages,” said Emily.
Emily and Steph are planning their wedding days for next year.