Weather warnings for wind and rain in North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Heavy rainfall and gales expected across the region overnight tonight (Tuesday).
A weather warning is in place for North Devon with heavy rain and strong ‘gusts’ of wind forecast this evening (Tuesday).
The Met Office has placed a yellow weather warning over the region for wind and rain from 7pm today until 11am tomorrow.
A chief forecaster said: “Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop during Tuesday evening/night and at first on Wednesday through the Irish Sea and around western and southern coasts of England and Wales along with southern Scotland, easing from the west during Wednesday morning.
“Rainfall accumulations through this period are expected to be widely 20-40 mm, with 60 mm or more over some higher ground.
You may also want to watch:
“The very wettest areas are likely to include parts of southern and central Scotland along with Cumbria, with over 100 mm possible in places; separate Amber warnings cover these higher risk areas.”
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer