Weather warnings for wind and rain in North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Heavy rainfall and gales expected across the region overnight tonight (Tuesday).
A weather warning is in place for North Devon with heavy rain and strong ‘gusts’ of wind forecast this evening (Tuesday).
The Met Office has placed a yellow weather warning over the region for wind and rain from 7pm today until 11am tomorrow.
A chief forecaster said: “Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop during Tuesday evening/night and at first on Wednesday through the Irish Sea and around western and southern coasts of England and Wales along with southern Scotland, easing from the west during Wednesday morning.
“Rainfall accumulations through this period are expected to be widely 20-40 mm, with 60 mm or more over some higher ground.
You may also want to watch:
“The very wettest areas are likely to include parts of southern and central Scotland along with Cumbria, with over 100 mm possible in places; separate Amber warnings cover these higher risk areas.”
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice