Weather warnings for wind and rain in North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Heavy rainfall and gales expected across the region overnight tonight (Tuesday).
A weather warning is in place for North Devon with heavy rain and strong ‘gusts’ of wind forecast this evening (Tuesday).
The Met Office has placed a yellow weather warning over the region for wind and rain from 7pm today until 11am tomorrow.
A chief forecaster said: “Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop during Tuesday evening/night and at first on Wednesday through the Irish Sea and around western and southern coasts of England and Wales along with southern Scotland, easing from the west during Wednesday morning.
“Rainfall accumulations through this period are expected to be widely 20-40 mm, with 60 mm or more over some higher ground.
You may also want to watch:
“The very wettest areas are likely to include parts of southern and central Scotland along with Cumbria, with over 100 mm possible in places; separate Amber warnings cover these higher risk areas.”
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 New series of Devon and Cornwall focuses on the Ilfracombe coastline
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman