Weather warning issued as rain set to hit North Devon this weekend
- Credit: Met Office
Heavy rain is expected to hit the region on Friday (November 22), with the Met Office putting a weather warning in place.
A yellow warning is in place until 12pm on Friday until 6pm on Saturday (November 23) with 'persistent rain' expected to sweep across the South West.
It warns flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely, and spray and flooding on the roads will make journey times longer.
Bus and train services are lively to be affected too.
A forecast from the Met Office said: "Showers on Friday morning will be replaced by more persistent rain during the afternoon and evening.
You may also want to watch:
"The rain will be heavy at times, lasting through much of Friday night and Saturday morning before slowly dying out during Saturday afternoon. 20 to 30mm is likely to fall quite widely, and 40 to 50mm may accumulate in a few places, most likely across the higher ground of south Devon."
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs