Weather warning issued as rain set to hit North Devon this weekend
- Credit: Met Office
Heavy rain is expected to hit the region on Friday (November 22), with the Met Office putting a weather warning in place.
A yellow warning is in place until 12pm on Friday until 6pm on Saturday (November 23) with 'persistent rain' expected to sweep across the South West.
It warns flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely, and spray and flooding on the roads will make journey times longer.
Bus and train services are lively to be affected too.
A forecast from the Met Office said: "Showers on Friday morning will be replaced by more persistent rain during the afternoon and evening.
You may also want to watch:
"The rain will be heavy at times, lasting through much of Friday night and Saturday morning before slowly dying out during Saturday afternoon. 20 to 30mm is likely to fall quite widely, and 40 to 50mm may accumulate in a few places, most likely across the higher ground of south Devon."
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow