Weather warning issued as rain set to hit North Devon this weekend
- Credit: Met Office
Heavy rain is expected to hit the region on Friday (November 22), with the Met Office putting a weather warning in place.
A yellow warning is in place until 12pm on Friday until 6pm on Saturday (November 23) with 'persistent rain' expected to sweep across the South West.
It warns flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely, and spray and flooding on the roads will make journey times longer.
Bus and train services are lively to be affected too.
A forecast from the Met Office said: "Showers on Friday morning will be replaced by more persistent rain during the afternoon and evening.
You may also want to watch:
"The rain will be heavy at times, lasting through much of Friday night and Saturday morning before slowly dying out during Saturday afternoon. 20 to 30mm is likely to fall quite widely, and 40 to 50mm may accumulate in a few places, most likely across the higher ground of south Devon."
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land