Weather warning issued as rain set to hit North Devon this weekend
- Credit: Met Office
Heavy rain is expected to hit the region on Friday (November 22), with the Met Office putting a weather warning in place.
A yellow warning is in place until 12pm on Friday until 6pm on Saturday (November 23) with 'persistent rain' expected to sweep across the South West.
It warns flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely, and spray and flooding on the roads will make journey times longer.
Bus and train services are lively to be affected too.
A forecast from the Met Office said: "Showers on Friday morning will be replaced by more persistent rain during the afternoon and evening.
You may also want to watch:
"The rain will be heavy at times, lasting through much of Friday night and Saturday morning before slowly dying out during Saturday afternoon. 20 to 30mm is likely to fall quite widely, and 40 to 50mm may accumulate in a few places, most likely across the higher ground of south Devon."
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 4 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 5 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 6 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink