Weather warning issued over thunderstorms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Warnings over an approaching thunderstorm have been issued by the Met Office.
A yellow warning has been issued for most the UK for between 6pm on Tuesday, July 23 and 9am on Wednesday, July 24.
Scattered thunderstorms are set to move north tonight and early Wednesday which could lead to some power cuts and travel delays.
What to expect:
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur.
You may also want to watch:
- There is a small chance of damage to property from lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.
- There is a small chance buildings or structures of a few homes and businesses being damaged.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant of Devon pays tribute to Prince Philip
- There is a small chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus.
Click here for more information from the met office.