Weather warning issued over thunderstorms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Warnings over an approaching thunderstorm have been issued by the Met Office.
A yellow warning has been issued for most the UK for between 6pm on Tuesday, July 23 and 9am on Wednesday, July 24.
Scattered thunderstorms are set to move north tonight and early Wednesday which could lead to some power cuts and travel delays.
What to expect:
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur.
You may also want to watch:
- There is a small chance of damage to property from lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.
- There is a small chance buildings or structures of a few homes and businesses being damaged.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 8 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Team to lead community-focussed Gazette into new era
- There is a small chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus.
Click here for more information from the met office.