Weather warning issued over thunderstorms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Warnings over an approaching thunderstorm have been issued by the Met Office.
A yellow warning has been issued for most the UK for between 6pm on Tuesday, July 23 and 9am on Wednesday, July 24.
Scattered thunderstorms are set to move north tonight and early Wednesday which could lead to some power cuts and travel delays.
What to expect:
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur.
You may also want to watch:
- There is a small chance of damage to property from lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.
- There is a small chance buildings or structures of a few homes and businesses being damaged.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- There is a small chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus.
Click here for more information from the met office.