Live updates: Weather warning issued for North Devon
- Credit: Simon Ellery
Drivers in North Devon have been urged to take care in difficult driving conditions as strong wind and heavy rain sweeps the region today (Saturday, November 2).
A Met Office yellow weather warning is in place for the whole day and people have been warned to expect some disruption from debris, flooding and fallen trees.
So far today there has been reports of localised flooding on the road between Bideford and Torrington as well as standing water in a number of places.
Highways England has said road users in the South West are being advised to check the weather forecast and road conditions before they travel today, as strong winds are forecast until midday.
It said it is working closely with the Met Office in monitoring the weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of the forecast, we have issued a Severe Weather Alert for gales.
Road users are advised to take extra care when travelling. Allow plenty of extra time to complete your journey and to consider whether your journey is absolutely necessary before setting out, by checking the very latest forecast and road conditions.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
North Devon updates
* Flooding on the Bideford to Torrington road, take extreme care
* Warning of standing water on the Saunton road
* 12.19pm: The A386 between Bideford and Torrington is closed due to a two vehicle collision plus flooding from Hallsannery (Landcross) to Devonshire Park (Bideford).
* UPDATE 4.25pm: Social media reports flooding in the following places: A377, South Molton to Barnstaple via Filleigh/Swimbridge.
* Other social media reports (Facebook post by Tracey Curtis Brooks) say the road from Northam to Appledore, on the corner of Long Lane, is severely flooded, with a car stuck in the water and many having to turn around.
* If you have any travel news that we haven't mentioned, or any pictures, please email email@example.com .