Weather warning issued with more rain on the way
- Credit: Getty Images
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for rain tomorrow (Friday) with heavy showers forecast.
HEAVY rain is expected across North Devon tomorrow (Friday) as the Met Office issues its second weather warning this week.
The warning, which was issued this morning, runs from 11am until 8pm with slow-moving, heavy showers expected, especially through the afternoon and early evening.
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “Heavy showers are likely to develop on Friday across Devon and Cornwall.
“The wind setup may be favourable for these to develop into slow-moving bands of downpours that could affect some locations for a number of hours.
You may also want to watch:
“This could lead to localised flooding and standing water on roads, whilst some locations are likely to miss the showers completely.”
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 5 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 6 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 7 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 8 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 9 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 10 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon