Weather warning issued with more rain on the way
- Credit: Getty Images
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for rain tomorrow (Friday) with heavy showers forecast.
HEAVY rain is expected across North Devon tomorrow (Friday) as the Met Office issues its second weather warning this week.
The warning, which was issued this morning, runs from 11am until 8pm with slow-moving, heavy showers expected, especially through the afternoon and early evening.
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “Heavy showers are likely to develop on Friday across Devon and Cornwall.
“The wind setup may be favourable for these to develop into slow-moving bands of downpours that could affect some locations for a number of hours.
You may also want to watch:
“This could lead to localised flooding and standing water on roads, whilst some locations are likely to miss the showers completely.”
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West