Weather warning issued with more rain on the way
- Credit: Getty Images
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for rain tomorrow (Friday) with heavy showers forecast.
HEAVY rain is expected across North Devon tomorrow (Friday) as the Met Office issues its second weather warning this week.
The warning, which was issued this morning, runs from 11am until 8pm with slow-moving, heavy showers expected, especially through the afternoon and early evening.
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “Heavy showers are likely to develop on Friday across Devon and Cornwall.
“The wind setup may be favourable for these to develop into slow-moving bands of downpours that could affect some locations for a number of hours.
You may also want to watch:
“This could lead to localised flooding and standing water on roads, whilst some locations are likely to miss the showers completely.”
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody