Weather warning in place as heavy rain falls in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for heavy rain in North Devon.
The Met Office has issued the warning for Wednesday evening (November 13), which is in place from 5pm until midnight.
It says the heavy rain arriving in the South West could result in transport disruption.
A statement from the Met Office said: "Heavy rain will move in from the west through Wednesday afternoon and evening, becoming persistent in places during the evening. 20-to-30 mm may fall within 3-4 hours in a few locations."
The warning said spray and flooding on roads may cause longer journey times, and bus and train services may be affected.
You may also want to watch:
It also said flooding of homes and businesses is possible.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses