Weather warning in place as heavy rain falls in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for heavy rain in North Devon.
The Met Office has issued the warning for Wednesday evening (November 13), which is in place from 5pm until midnight.
It says the heavy rain arriving in the South West could result in transport disruption.
A statement from the Met Office said: "Heavy rain will move in from the west through Wednesday afternoon and evening, becoming persistent in places during the evening. 20-to-30 mm may fall within 3-4 hours in a few locations."
The warning said spray and flooding on roads may cause longer journey times, and bus and train services may be affected.
You may also want to watch:
It also said flooding of homes and businesses is possible.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs