Weather warning for wind across North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
North Devon is set to experience strong gusts of wind, particularly in coastal areas, tomorrow (Friday).
North Devon is set to be hit by gale force winds tomorrow (Friday) as the Met Office issues a weather warning.
Coastal areas could see periods of 50 to 60mph gusts, with isolated gusts of up to 70mph.
It is thought there could be some travel disruption due to trees being brought town, and heavy rain is also expected.
This could cause issues with surface water on the roads.
You may also want to watch:
A yellow weather warning for rain is currently in place from 11am Friday until 3am Saturday.
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “A low pressure system currently developing in the Atlantic looks to run into southern parts of the UK on Friday.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 4 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
“There remains some uncertainty over the track and timings of this but the signal remains for the strongest winds to affect parts of northern France and the English Channel.
“Whilst many areas will see the strongest winds clear during Friday evening the northeast of the warning area will see them continue into Saturday morning.”
If you spot any travel disruption, contact the newsdesk by emailing us.