Weather warning for ‘unseasonable’ wind and rain across North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has warned of high, ‘gusty’ winds and heavy rain today (Monday) and Tuesday.
Summer may be around the corner, but North Devon is set to experience high winds and heavy rain over the next couple of days.
A yellow weather warning is in place today (Monday) until 6pm tomorrow, with an ‘unseasonable’ windy spell.
A chief forecaster said: “An initial swathe of southerly gales accompanied by heavy rain will move east across many parts later on Monday, giving gusts of 40-50mph widely but 60-70mph across exposed Irish Sea and perhaps some English Channel coasts.
“Winds will become west or southwesterly on Tuesday, with further gusts to 40-50mph more locally, before gradually easing later.
You may also want to watch:
“Large waves will affect some coasts in the west and south at times.
“Given the unseasonable nature of the winds, the public should be aware of the potential for disruption to transport and outdoor activities.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
“Damage to some trees seems likely.”
If you spot any damage, email email@example.com.