Weather warning for ‘unseasonable’ wind and rain across North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has warned of high, ‘gusty’ winds and heavy rain today (Monday) and Tuesday.
Summer may be around the corner, but North Devon is set to experience high winds and heavy rain over the next couple of days.
A yellow weather warning is in place today (Monday) until 6pm tomorrow, with an ‘unseasonable’ windy spell.
A chief forecaster said: “An initial swathe of southerly gales accompanied by heavy rain will move east across many parts later on Monday, giving gusts of 40-50mph widely but 60-70mph across exposed Irish Sea and perhaps some English Channel coasts.
“Winds will become west or southwesterly on Tuesday, with further gusts to 40-50mph more locally, before gradually easing later.
You may also want to watch:
“Large waves will affect some coasts in the west and south at times.
“Given the unseasonable nature of the winds, the public should be aware of the potential for disruption to transport and outdoor activities.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
“Damage to some trees seems likely.”
If you spot any damage, email email@example.com.