Weather warning for rain in North Devon tonight
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Heavy rain expected to hit the region tonight (Wednesda) at Met Office puts weather warning in place.
Get ready for more rain - as the Met Office has issued another weather warning for rain tonight (Wednesday).
A band of heavy rain is expected to move in from the West, hitting Cornwall late this afternoon before moving across North Devon.
The yellow weather warning is in place from 4pm today until 8am tomorrow (Thursday).
After heavy rain earlier this week, there is a likelihood of flooding and travel disruption.
You may also want to watch:
A chief forecaster said: “Rainfall accumulations of 15 to 25 mm are likely quite widely, with locally 30 to 40 mm over south-facing hills.
“With most of this falling in around six hours there is the likelihood of some surface water flooding, whilst some river flooding is also likely across Cornwall and Devon.”
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone