Weather warning for rain in North Devon tonight
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Heavy rain expected to hit the region tonight (Wednesda) at Met Office puts weather warning in place.
Get ready for more rain - as the Met Office has issued another weather warning for rain tonight (Wednesday).
A band of heavy rain is expected to move in from the West, hitting Cornwall late this afternoon before moving across North Devon.
The yellow weather warning is in place from 4pm today until 8am tomorrow (Thursday).
After heavy rain earlier this week, there is a likelihood of flooding and travel disruption.
You may also want to watch:
A chief forecaster said: “Rainfall accumulations of 15 to 25 mm are likely quite widely, with locally 30 to 40 mm over south-facing hills.
“With most of this falling in around six hours there is the likelihood of some surface water flooding, whilst some river flooding is also likely across Cornwall and Devon.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes