Weather warning for rain in North Devon tonight
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Heavy rain expected to hit the region tonight (Wednesda) at Met Office puts weather warning in place.
Get ready for more rain - as the Met Office has issued another weather warning for rain tonight (Wednesday).
A band of heavy rain is expected to move in from the West, hitting Cornwall late this afternoon before moving across North Devon.
The yellow weather warning is in place from 4pm today until 8am tomorrow (Thursday).
After heavy rain earlier this week, there is a likelihood of flooding and travel disruption.
You may also want to watch:
A chief forecaster said: “Rainfall accumulations of 15 to 25 mm are likely quite widely, with locally 30 to 40 mm over south-facing hills.
“With most of this falling in around six hours there is the likelihood of some surface water flooding, whilst some river flooding is also likely across Cornwall and Devon.”
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief