Weather warning for rain in North Devon tonight
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Heavy rain expected to hit the region tonight (Wednesda) at Met Office puts weather warning in place.
Get ready for more rain - as the Met Office has issued another weather warning for rain tonight (Wednesday).
A band of heavy rain is expected to move in from the West, hitting Cornwall late this afternoon before moving across North Devon.
The yellow weather warning is in place from 4pm today until 8am tomorrow (Thursday).
After heavy rain earlier this week, there is a likelihood of flooding and travel disruption.
You may also want to watch:
A chief forecaster said: “Rainfall accumulations of 15 to 25 mm are likely quite widely, with locally 30 to 40 mm over south-facing hills.
“With most of this falling in around six hours there is the likelihood of some surface water flooding, whilst some river flooding is also likely across Cornwall and Devon.”
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality