Weather warning as heavy rain set to hit North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has warned of up to 40mm of rainfall on high ground across the South West tonight (Friday).
Spells of heavy rain are expected to hit North Devon tonight (Friday).
The Met Office has issued a weather warning from 5pm until 8am tomorrow.
The most prolonged spells of rain are likely to be over high ground, but should clear by the morning.
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “A cold front is expected to move eastwards across the yellow area during Friday evening and night, before clearing during Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Around 5-15 mm of rain is expected to fall quite widely, with 40 mm possible over high ground - most likely across Wales and South West England.”
There is a chance of localised flooding and travel disruption.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 8 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Team to lead community-focussed Gazette into new era