Weather warning as heavy rain set to hit North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has warned of up to 40mm of rainfall on high ground across the South West tonight (Friday).
Spells of heavy rain are expected to hit North Devon tonight (Friday).
The Met Office has issued a weather warning from 5pm until 8am tomorrow.
The most prolonged spells of rain are likely to be over high ground, but should clear by the morning.
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “A cold front is expected to move eastwards across the yellow area during Friday evening and night, before clearing during Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Around 5-15 mm of rain is expected to fall quite widely, with 40 mm possible over high ground - most likely across Wales and South West England.”
There is a chance of localised flooding and travel disruption.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant of Devon pays tribute to Prince Philip