Weather warning as heavy rain set to hit North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has warned of up to 40mm of rainfall on high ground across the South West tonight (Friday).
Spells of heavy rain are expected to hit North Devon tonight (Friday).
The Met Office has issued a weather warning from 5pm until 8am tomorrow.
The most prolonged spells of rain are likely to be over high ground, but should clear by the morning.
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “A cold front is expected to move eastwards across the yellow area during Friday evening and night, before clearing during Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Around 5-15 mm of rain is expected to fall quite widely, with 40 mm possible over high ground - most likely across Wales and South West England.”
There is a chance of localised flooding and travel disruption.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief