Weather warning as heavy rain set to hit North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has warned of up to 40mm of rainfall on high ground across the South West tonight (Friday).
Spells of heavy rain are expected to hit North Devon tonight (Friday).
The Met Office has issued a weather warning from 5pm until 8am tomorrow.
The most prolonged spells of rain are likely to be over high ground, but should clear by the morning.
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “A cold front is expected to move eastwards across the yellow area during Friday evening and night, before clearing during Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Around 5-15 mm of rain is expected to fall quite widely, with 40 mm possible over high ground - most likely across Wales and South West England.”
There is a chance of localised flooding and travel disruption.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer