Weather forecast for partial solar eclipse across North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Will you see the partial solar eclipse tomorrow (Friday)? Or will there be too much cloud cover? Keep updated here.
A partial solar eclipse is due to take place tomorrow (Friday) morning - but will you see it in North Devon?
The eclipse is expected at around 9.40am, and North Devon will see 80 per cent of the sun covered by the moon.
Initial forecasts for Friday morning show a ‘rather cloudy’ start to the day, according to the Met Office.
But sunny spells are expected to develop across the region into a ‘pleasant’ and sunny day.
You may also want to watch:
The eclipse will begin at 8.30am and at around 9.40am the sun will be 80 per cent covered by the moon.
For our top tips on watching the partial solar eclipse from John Parratt, of the North Devon Astronomical Society, click here.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant of Devon pays tribute to Prince Philip