Weather forecast for partial solar eclipse across North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Will you see the partial solar eclipse tomorrow (Friday)? Or will there be too much cloud cover? Keep updated here.
A partial solar eclipse is due to take place tomorrow (Friday) morning - but will you see it in North Devon?
The eclipse is expected at around 9.40am, and North Devon will see 80 per cent of the sun covered by the moon.
Initial forecasts for Friday morning show a ‘rather cloudy’ start to the day, according to the Met Office.
But sunny spells are expected to develop across the region into a ‘pleasant’ and sunny day.
You may also want to watch:
The eclipse will begin at 8.30am and at around 9.40am the sun will be 80 per cent covered by the moon.
For our top tips on watching the partial solar eclipse from John Parratt, of the North Devon Astronomical Society, click here.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief