Weather forecast for partial solar eclipse across North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Will you see the partial solar eclipse tomorrow (Friday)? Or will there be too much cloud cover? Keep updated here.
A partial solar eclipse is due to take place tomorrow (Friday) morning - but will you see it in North Devon?
The eclipse is expected at around 9.40am, and North Devon will see 80 per cent of the sun covered by the moon.
Initial forecasts for Friday morning show a ‘rather cloudy’ start to the day, according to the Met Office.
But sunny spells are expected to develop across the region into a ‘pleasant’ and sunny day.
You may also want to watch:
The eclipse will begin at 8.30am and at around 9.40am the sun will be 80 per cent covered by the moon.
For our top tips on watching the partial solar eclipse from John Parratt, of the North Devon Astronomical Society, click here.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 6 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!