Cold snap forecast for the South West over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a cold weather alert for the coming weekend.
The forecaster said there was a '70 per cent probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions/heavy snow' between 6pm on Sunday, January 19 and on Tuesday, January 21.
Minimum temperatures over night tonight (Friday, January 17) are forecast at minus 4 degrees, with a widespread frost expected.
Saturday will be cold and dry with plenty of sunshine, but clear skies overnight will see another frost.
However the current forecast for Barnstaple says minimum temperatures are likely to be about one degrees.
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Council has said its gritters will be out overnight salting around 2,000 miles of road network across the county.
The Met Office said freezing fog patches were possible in the South West on Monday (January 20) and possibly widespread on Tuesday.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant of Devon pays tribute to Prince Philip