Cold snap forecast for the South West over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a cold weather alert for the coming weekend.
The forecaster said there was a '70 per cent probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions/heavy snow' between 6pm on Sunday, January 19 and on Tuesday, January 21.
Minimum temperatures over night tonight (Friday, January 17) are forecast at minus 4 degrees, with a widespread frost expected.
Saturday will be cold and dry with plenty of sunshine, but clear skies overnight will see another frost.
However the current forecast for Barnstaple says minimum temperatures are likely to be about one degrees.
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Council has said its gritters will be out overnight salting around 2,000 miles of road network across the county.
The Met Office said freezing fog patches were possible in the South West on Monday (January 20) and possibly widespread on Tuesday.
- 1 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 2 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 3 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 4 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 5 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 6 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 7 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 8 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 9 North Devon Biosphere launches Nature Recovery Declaration
- 10 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100