Wear your wellies to work for children's hospice
CHILDREN S Hospice South West supporters are being urged to make a big splash for the charity – in their wellies! Schools and businesses are all being invited to take part in the hospice s annual Wear Your Wellies Day fund-raising event on Friday, March 5
CHILDREN'S Hospice South West supporters are being urged to make a big splash for the charity - in their wellies!
Schools and businesses are all being invited to take part in the hospice's annual Wear Your Wellies Day fund-raising event on Friday, March 5.
To take part, simply pay �1 to wear your wellies to work or school and help the hospice continue to provide respite, palliative and end of life care for life-limited children and support their families in facing an uncertain future.
Ian Roome, community fund-raiser for Children's Hospice South West said: "Lots of schools and companies have already registered to take part which is great news.
You may also want to watch:
"This year we have designed a special activity sheet for schools for the children to fill in on the day and we will also be giving prizes to the school and company who raise the most money as a special thank you.
"This is a really fun, fund-raising event which helps to raise vital money for Children's Hospice South West."
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Last year, several members of the Torrington Athletic Club decided to hold a posh frocks and wellies evening, an event that helped the club raise �192 for the appeal.
"We all met up in the evening in our best clothes with our wellies on and enjoyed a delicious meal at a local restaurant," said club member Sheila Jenkins.
"We also got together and ran one mile in our wellies which was extremely difficult, but it felt great to be able to help raise money for such a great cause and have fun with my friends in the process.
"We are looking forward to this year's Wear Your Wellies Day."
Barnstaple-based advertising agency, Artavia, also joined in with the fun.
Senior account manager Lisa McNeil, said: "It is great to do something different with the people you work with; you can learn a lot about a person by the kind of wellies they wear!
"We had a fun day in the office coupled with raising money for a brilliant cause, what more could you want?"
This year, the school that raises the most money will win a fantastic goody bag, while the business that raises the most will win wellies full of chocolate.
To get involved in this year's event, fill in the registration form on this page, visit www.chsw.org.uk or telephone Ian Roome at Little Bridge House on (01271) 325270.