We were treated like royalty
SIR -Last year, I was lucky enough to win the competition in the Gazette to be Barnstaple junior princess in 2008 and junior queen in 2009. I had such a wonderful time that I wonder if you would be kind enough to print this letter so that I can say a huge
SIR -Last year, I was lucky enough to win the competition in the Gazette to be Barnstaple junior princess in 2008 and junior queen in 2009.
I had such a wonderful time that I wonder if you would be kind enough to print this letter so that I can say a huge thank-you to all the people involved in making our day so special, especially the following people:
All the carnival committee, especially Lesley, who gave up lots of her time running around for us and sorting everything out;
The great stylist from Toni and Guy who styled olur hair so beautifully and gave up his entire day without eating or having a cup of tea;
You may also want to watch:
Sheila from Gems for having such wonderful dresses for us to choose from;
We were given wonderful jewellery from Carole Anns and a perfect sparkly tiara from the Bead Store. The Royal and Fortescue Hotel was once again kind enough to lend us a room to change in.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
All in all, it was the experience of a lifetime. I really enjoyed it and we were treated like royalty.
Katie May Huxtable,