We were treated like royalty
SIR -Last year, I was lucky enough to win the competition in the Gazette to be Barnstaple junior princess in 2008 and junior queen in 2009. I had such a wonderful time that I wonder if you would be kind enough to print this letter so that I can say a huge
SIR -Last year, I was lucky enough to win the competition in the Gazette to be Barnstaple junior princess in 2008 and junior queen in 2009.
I had such a wonderful time that I wonder if you would be kind enough to print this letter so that I can say a huge thank-you to all the people involved in making our day so special, especially the following people:
All the carnival committee, especially Lesley, who gave up lots of her time running around for us and sorting everything out;
The great stylist from Toni and Guy who styled olur hair so beautifully and gave up his entire day without eating or having a cup of tea;
You may also want to watch:
Sheila from Gems for having such wonderful dresses for us to choose from;
We were given wonderful jewellery from Carole Anns and a perfect sparkly tiara from the Bead Store. The Royal and Fortescue Hotel was once again kind enough to lend us a room to change in.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 9 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
All in all, it was the experience of a lifetime. I really enjoyed it and we were treated like royalty.
Katie May Huxtable,