We were treated like royalty
SIR -Last year, I was lucky enough to win the competition in the Gazette to be Barnstaple junior princess in 2008 and junior queen in 2009. I had such a wonderful time that I wonder if you would be kind enough to print this letter so that I can say a huge
SIR -Last year, I was lucky enough to win the competition in the Gazette to be Barnstaple junior princess in 2008 and junior queen in 2009.
I had such a wonderful time that I wonder if you would be kind enough to print this letter so that I can say a huge thank-you to all the people involved in making our day so special, especially the following people:
All the carnival committee, especially Lesley, who gave up lots of her time running around for us and sorting everything out;
The great stylist from Toni and Guy who styled olur hair so beautifully and gave up his entire day without eating or having a cup of tea;
You may also want to watch:
Sheila from Gems for having such wonderful dresses for us to choose from;
We were given wonderful jewellery from Carole Anns and a perfect sparkly tiara from the Bead Store. The Royal and Fortescue Hotel was once again kind enough to lend us a room to change in.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
All in all, it was the experience of a lifetime. I really enjoyed it and we were treated like royalty.
Katie May Huxtable,