We need the jobs
Further to the article in the June 6 edition of the Gazette (“Developers shed more light on Anchorwood regeneration”) the people of Barnstaple and North Devon District Council should in my opinion welcome the above development with open arms.
We have suffered this eyesore for many years. First impressions are very important to visitors/ tourists and seeing Shaplands and the surrounding area would be very off-putting to say the least.
Lots of people moaned about the Tesco site, but look how busy it is. It has created healthy competition with Sainsbury’s, and I believe Asda will generate more benefits to the consumer as well as providing up to 800 new jobs along with the hotel, etc.
At this difficult time we need to generate as many jobs and bring prosperity to the community. In my opinion we need to catch up with Exeter, Bristol and Taunton – and then people might spend more money in Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online