Waxing event raises money for world disaster zones
A ripping good time was had by all except the participants at a charity waxing night in Braunton to raise money for Paddle4Relief. More than �1,500 was raised on Saturday at the Mariners Arms during the Wax On Wax Off event which saw trusting and unsuspec
A ripping good time was had by all except the participants at a charity waxing night in Braunton to raise money for Paddle4Relief.
More than �1,500 was raised on Saturday at the Mariners Arms during the Wax On Wax Off event which saw trusting and unsuspecting local surfers volunteer to endure hot wax on their tender portions in the name of charity.
Backs, chests, legs, armpits and even eye brows were torn from the "victims" under the expert ministrations of beauticians from Pure Skin and Beauty Salon in the village.
All proceeds from the event will go to help victims of the Haiti earthquake and the 2004 Asian tsunami, a disaster which prompted Tim tanton to found the charity.
You may also want to watch:
"Many thanks to all those were involved on the night and who had pledged their hard earned cash to those less fortunate than ourselves," said an eyebrow-less Tim afterwards.
"The crowd were not satisfied with the first round of waxing that saw flesh bloodied and sore from years of well groomed hair being ripped from their rightful owners! No, they demanded more of a sacrifice and threw money into the ring to satisfy their lust!"
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 9 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
- 10 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
"Special thanks to the girls from Pure Skin and Beauty for giving their time for free and for donating all the equipment needed. Plus a huge thank you to Fred, Di and Andy at The Mariners in Braunton."
Find out more about the charity at www.paddle4relief.co.uk.