WATCH: We test out the Freakin Eggstravaganza freakshake at Tooters in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Our reporters took on the challenge to see who could demolish the monstrous Easter-inspired freakshake at Tooters in Barnstaple first - watch and find out who won here.
Imagine a monstrous mountain of milkshake, topped with whipped cream, slathered in Nutella and doused in Easter eggs.
The Freakin Eggtravaganza - a giant smorgasbord of Easter treats - has landed at Tooters Diner in Barnstaple, and is a chocolate-addict’s dream.
The freakshake, as it has been coined, is a vanilla fondant-flavoured, Creme Egg-inspired feast, topped with whipped cream in a Nutella-smothered jar.
But perched on top is the real spectacle: half a full-size chocolate Easter egg, stuffed with white chocolate mousse and mini eggs.
You may also want to watch:
The outside of the glass is decorated with a chocolate Easter bunny, mini eggs and more Easter-themed treats.
It even comes with its own tray and a flannel to mop the chocolate from around your chops - or sugar-induced sweat from your brow.
The diner, in Jewson car park, has become famous around North Devon for its monstrous freakshakes, which it began selling last year.
- 1 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 2 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 5 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 6 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 9 A39 Atlantic Highway near new school 'safe' after no collisions in two years
- 10 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
Since then it has had to build an extension to allow for more seating, and even add an extra day and longer hours to its opening times.
Sharon Neve, who owns Tooters with her sister Elaine Geraghty, said: “We’re also doing our Easter-special hot cross bun burger.
“Or if people don’t fancy the burger they can have it with maple syrup and bacon.”
As well as this, Tooters is offering two other Easter-inspired freakshakes, including the Kinder Freakin Surprise and the Freakin Hot Cross Bunny.
“This is a hot cross bun-flavoured milkshake topped with a salted-caramel hot cross bun,” added Sharon.
Want to win two Easter freakshakes at Tooters? Head over to the North Devon Gazette page and enter the competition on our pinned post before 5pm on Monday, April 3.