Watch the birdie at Rosemoor
IF you fancy a spot of bird watching, then bring the family along to RHS Garden Rosemoor in Great Torrington at half-term (February 13 – 21) for a fascinating Birds in the Garden week. February is a perfect time for seeing birds in the garden. They are
IF you fancy a spot of bird watching, then bring the family along to RHS Garden Rosemoor in Great Torrington at half-term (February 13 - 21) for a fascinating 'Birds in the Garden' week.
February is a perfect time for seeing birds in the garden. They are more easily spotted without the leaves on the trees, and at Rosemoor there is a huge selection of resident and visiting birds frequenting the many bird feeders.
Buzzards, Ravens, Chaffinches and Song Thrushes, as well as Tawny Owls, Barn Owls, Little Egrets and Goldfinches have all been spotted at Rosemoor.
Throughout half term week, there will be lots of interesting birdie-themed activities to take part in, including Bird I-Spy, Bird Counts, Nest displays and a Children's Photographic Competition.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a visit from Owl and Raptor rescue group Owls are Us on Friday, February 19, who will bring in a variety of different species of birds of prey, and be on hand to answer questions on anything owl related.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station