Watch the birdie at Rosemoor
IF you fancy a spot of bird watching, then bring the family along to RHS Garden Rosemoor in Great Torrington at half-term (February 13 – 21) for a fascinating Birds in the Garden week. February is a perfect time for seeing birds in the garden. They are
IF you fancy a spot of bird watching, then bring the family along to RHS Garden Rosemoor in Great Torrington at half-term (February 13 - 21) for a fascinating 'Birds in the Garden' week.
February is a perfect time for seeing birds in the garden. They are more easily spotted without the leaves on the trees, and at Rosemoor there is a huge selection of resident and visiting birds frequenting the many bird feeders.
Buzzards, Ravens, Chaffinches and Song Thrushes, as well as Tawny Owls, Barn Owls, Little Egrets and Goldfinches have all been spotted at Rosemoor.
Throughout half term week, there will be lots of interesting birdie-themed activities to take part in, including Bird I-Spy, Bird Counts, Nest displays and a Children's Photographic Competition.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a visit from Owl and Raptor rescue group Owls are Us on Friday, February 19, who will bring in a variety of different species of birds of prey, and be on hand to answer questions on anything owl related.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land