Watch the birdie at Rosemoor
IF you fancy a spot of bird watching, then bring the family along to RHS Garden Rosemoor in Great Torrington at half-term (February 13 – 21) for a fascinating Birds in the Garden week. February is a perfect time for seeing birds in the garden. They are
IF you fancy a spot of bird watching, then bring the family along to RHS Garden Rosemoor in Great Torrington at half-term (February 13 - 21) for a fascinating 'Birds in the Garden' week.
February is a perfect time for seeing birds in the garden. They are more easily spotted without the leaves on the trees, and at Rosemoor there is a huge selection of resident and visiting birds frequenting the many bird feeders.
Buzzards, Ravens, Chaffinches and Song Thrushes, as well as Tawny Owls, Barn Owls, Little Egrets and Goldfinches have all been spotted at Rosemoor.
Throughout half term week, there will be lots of interesting birdie-themed activities to take part in, including Bird I-Spy, Bird Counts, Nest displays and a Children's Photographic Competition.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a visit from Owl and Raptor rescue group Owls are Us on Friday, February 19, who will bring in a variety of different species of birds of prey, and be on hand to answer questions on anything owl related.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 10 Calls to reject latest bid for new homes at Chivenor Cross