Watch the birdie at Rosemoor
IF you fancy a spot of bird watching, then bring the family along to RHS Garden Rosemoor in Great Torrington at half-term (February 13 – 21) for a fascinating Birds in the Garden week. February is a perfect time for seeing birds in the garden. They are
IF you fancy a spot of bird watching, then bring the family along to RHS Garden Rosemoor in Great Torrington at half-term (February 13 - 21) for a fascinating 'Birds in the Garden' week.
February is a perfect time for seeing birds in the garden. They are more easily spotted without the leaves on the trees, and at Rosemoor there is a huge selection of resident and visiting birds frequenting the many bird feeders.
Buzzards, Ravens, Chaffinches and Song Thrushes, as well as Tawny Owls, Barn Owls, Little Egrets and Goldfinches have all been spotted at Rosemoor.
Throughout half term week, there will be lots of interesting birdie-themed activities to take part in, including Bird I-Spy, Bird Counts, Nest displays and a Children's Photographic Competition.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a visit from Owl and Raptor rescue group Owls are Us on Friday, February 19, who will bring in a variety of different species of birds of prey, and be on hand to answer questions on anything owl related.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer