Watch out for suspicious doorstep callers in North Devon
POLICE have warned home and business owners in North Devon to be on their guard after a series of reports about suspicious doorstep callers. People have been advised not to make use of any services which are offered through doorstep calling alone, such as
POLICE have warned home and business owners in North Devon to be on their guard after a series of reports about suspicious doorstep callers.
People have been advised not to make use of any services which are offered through doorstep calling alone, such as tree surgery, roofing or driveway repairs.
They said those requiring services or work done at their properties should obtain quotes from a range of established businesses and to use trusted local companies or those recommended by friends.
People have also been reminded not to become complacent with home and business security during the warm summer months. This includes the storage of scrap metal, trailers and gardening or plant equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone in need of further support or advice can contact their local Neighbourhood Policing team on 08452 777444, or visit their local police station.
Trading Standards can also be contacted for support and advice, by calling 08454 040506, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Consumer Direct website at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users