Watch out for suspicious doorstep callers in North Devon
POLICE have warned home and business owners in North Devon to be on their guard after a series of reports about suspicious doorstep callers. People have been advised not to make use of any services which are offered through doorstep calling alone, such as
POLICE have warned home and business owners in North Devon to be on their guard after a series of reports about suspicious doorstep callers.
People have been advised not to make use of any services which are offered through doorstep calling alone, such as tree surgery, roofing or driveway repairs.
They said those requiring services or work done at their properties should obtain quotes from a range of established businesses and to use trusted local companies or those recommended by friends.
People have also been reminded not to become complacent with home and business security during the warm summer months. This includes the storage of scrap metal, trailers and gardening or plant equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone in need of further support or advice can contact their local Neighbourhood Policing team on 08452 777444, or visit their local police station.
Trading Standards can also be contacted for support and advice, by calling 08454 040506, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Consumer Direct website at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 8 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!