Watch out for suspicious doorstep callers in North Devon
POLICE have warned home and business owners in North Devon to be on their guard after a series of reports about suspicious doorstep callers. People have been advised not to make use of any services which are offered through doorstep calling alone, such as
POLICE have warned home and business owners in North Devon to be on their guard after a series of reports about suspicious doorstep callers.
People have been advised not to make use of any services which are offered through doorstep calling alone, such as tree surgery, roofing or driveway repairs.
They said those requiring services or work done at their properties should obtain quotes from a range of established businesses and to use trusted local companies or those recommended by friends.
People have also been reminded not to become complacent with home and business security during the warm summer months. This includes the storage of scrap metal, trailers and gardening or plant equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone in need of further support or advice can contact their local Neighbourhood Policing team on 08452 777444, or visit their local police station.
Trading Standards can also be contacted for support and advice, by calling 08454 040506, email email@example.com or visit the Consumer Direct website at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 10 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge