Watch: Grease spoof for North Devon hospital staff
- Credit: Archant
Gyrating video to Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta classic to raise money for ventilator appeal
Hospital staff have taken part in a hilarious Grease video spoof to raise money for the Special Care Baby Unit Appeal.
Their dancing to a recording of You’re the One That I Want features the ‘SCBU T-Birds’ and ‘Pink Ladies’ gyrating to the John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John classic.
The ‘one they want’ is another Draeger neonatal ventilator and is they dance around it throughout the film.
Staff enthusiastically embraced the idea and took part in their own time before the start of a staff training day.
You may also want to watch:
Fundraising manager Ian Roome, aka Danny Zuko, said: “This is a film where you will see some of our NHS staff as never seen before, all in aid of a great cause.”
Ian was joined by fundraising assistant Gemma Steele as ‘Sandy’.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Each ventilator costs £45,000 and the unit needs three. SCBU nurse Liz Mills said: “Ventilators are an essential piece of equipment to support our babies that have difficulty breathing by blowing oxygen-enriched air gently into the baby’s lungs.
“This ventilator however will do so much more than our conventional ventilator enabling our nurses to spend more time caring for the babies on the unit.”
The film can be watched at http://overandabove.org.uk/our-appeals/special-care-baby-unit-appeal/youre-one-i-want/ and you can find out how to donate.
Click here to return to our homepage for more North Devon news.