Warnings of ice over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Following the snow today (Fri), an icy weekend is predicted ahead.
The Met Office has issued further warnings of ice for the weekend after the snowfall today.
The warning covers part of North Devon, including Torrington, South Molton, Chulmleigh and Exmoor.
A spokesman for the forecasters said: “Some further slight snowfalls are likely, with one-to-two cm of fresh snow in a few places.
“But the focus switches to ice with sub-zero temperatures persisting over existing snow cover for many areas and spreading back into parts of the southwest towards daybreak on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
The warning is currently in place from 12.05am tomorrow (Sat) until 11am on Sunday
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened