Warnings of ice over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Following the snow today (Fri), an icy weekend is predicted ahead.
The Met Office has issued further warnings of ice for the weekend after the snowfall today.
The warning covers part of North Devon, including Torrington, South Molton, Chulmleigh and Exmoor.
A spokesman for the forecasters said: “Some further slight snowfalls are likely, with one-to-two cm of fresh snow in a few places.
“But the focus switches to ice with sub-zero temperatures persisting over existing snow cover for many areas and spreading back into parts of the southwest towards daybreak on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
The warning is currently in place from 12.05am tomorrow (Sat) until 11am on Sunday
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon