Warning to dog walkers over palm oil found on beach

Hazardous palm oil discovered on Northam Burrows on Saturday.

Dog owners are ‘be vigilent’ after palm oil was found on Northam Burrows this weekend.

The fire service were called out by the coastguard and found the ‘unidentified substance’ found on Saturday to be palm oil.

The oil was disposed of but is known to cause serious illness or death to any pets who may ingest it.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service are warning dog owners to be vigilant.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter