Warning of ice on region’s roads
Gritters to be sent out overnight on Devon’s road network
MOTORISTS are being urged to take extra caution on the roads tonight (Wednesday) and tomorrow morning as temperatures are expected to drop below freezing.
Devon County Council gritters will be going out at 1am and possibly again at 6am
Around 20 per cent of the network is gritted, roads which carry 70 per cent of the traffic.
Cabinet member for Highways and Transportation, Stuart Hughes said: “Obviously with all the recent flooding and so much water running off from the surrounding land, freezing temperatures could bring extremely icy conditions.
You may also want to watch:
“While the gritters will be out in force, don’t assume a road has been treated. I would advise residents to drive with extreme caution certainly over the coming days whilst freezing temperatures are expected.”
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 8 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020