Warning of ice on region’s roads
Gritters to be sent out overnight on Devon’s road network
MOTORISTS are being urged to take extra caution on the roads tonight (Wednesday) and tomorrow morning as temperatures are expected to drop below freezing.
Devon County Council gritters will be going out at 1am and possibly again at 6am
Around 20 per cent of the network is gritted, roads which carry 70 per cent of the traffic.
Cabinet member for Highways and Transportation, Stuart Hughes said: “Obviously with all the recent flooding and so much water running off from the surrounding land, freezing temperatures could bring extremely icy conditions.
You may also want to watch:
“While the gritters will be out in force, don’t assume a road has been treated. I would advise residents to drive with extreme caution certainly over the coming days whilst freezing temperatures are expected.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes