Warne back for Bideford cricket festival
BIDEFORD S former overseas player Mick Warne has accepted an invitation to captain the Water Babies invitation Xl at this year s Bideford Cricket Festival to be held on August Bank Holiday at Westward Ho! Warne, a leg break bowler and batsman, was Bidefor
BIDEFORD'S former overseas player Mick Warne has accepted an invitation to captain the Water Babies invitation Xl at this year's Bideford Cricket Festival to be held on August Bank
Holiday at Westward Ho!
Warne, a leg break bowler and batsman, was Bideford's overseas player during the 2008 season.
The Bideford old boy is beginning to make a name for himself at his home club, St Kilda in Melbourne. This summer he is captaining Ossett in the Yorkshire Central Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the festival will go to The Children's Hospice South
West at Fremington and the club's new pavilion project.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
Bideford, current West of England League champions Taunton St Andrew, Victoria Park and the Water Babies are contesting the tournament.
There will be six 24- over matches played with a white ball commencing at 9.15 in the morning.
Entry is free but collections will be held during the day, Refreshments will be available all day. Jim Lowe, vice-chairman and festival organiser, an exciting and great day's cricket was anticipated.