Walkers step up appeal by �10k
Insurance brokers trek nearly 200 miles to support the chemotherapy appeal.
TWO walkers have raised more than �10,000 for the chemotherapy appeal by trekking through two counties.
Director of Exeter-based Fidelius Insurance Services Ltd, Sarah Page, and senior accounts executive and president of the Chartered Insurance Institute Russell Langham walked more than 195 miles in 10 days for the charity.
The walkers set off from The Royal Duchy Hotel in Falmouth, and stopped at 11 Brend Group hotels along the way, finishing at the Saunton Sands Hotel.
“It was really tough, and not so much the walking but the fact you are doing it every day,” said Sarah.
You may also want to watch:
“We woke up on the second day after walking 29 miles to the realisation we had to do the same again; it was relentless.”
With the support of the Brend Hotel Group, as well as generous clients and friends, the duo raised �10, 125 for the appeal.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 5 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
Russell said: “We wanted to do something special to mark my 35th and Sarah’s 30th anniversary’s in the local insurance industry.
“We both live in North Devon and everybody knows someone who is affected by cancer, so it was really important for us to support the appeal.”