Walkers step up appeal by �10k
Insurance brokers trek nearly 200 miles to support the chemotherapy appeal.
TWO walkers have raised more than �10,000 for the chemotherapy appeal by trekking through two counties.
Director of Exeter-based Fidelius Insurance Services Ltd, Sarah Page, and senior accounts executive and president of the Chartered Insurance Institute Russell Langham walked more than 195 miles in 10 days for the charity.
The walkers set off from The Royal Duchy Hotel in Falmouth, and stopped at 11 Brend Group hotels along the way, finishing at the Saunton Sands Hotel.
“It was really tough, and not so much the walking but the fact you are doing it every day,” said Sarah.
You may also want to watch:
“We woke up on the second day after walking 29 miles to the realisation we had to do the same again; it was relentless.”
With the support of the Brend Hotel Group, as well as generous clients and friends, the duo raised �10, 125 for the appeal.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
Russell said: “We wanted to do something special to mark my 35th and Sarah’s 30th anniversary’s in the local insurance industry.
“We both live in North Devon and everybody knows someone who is affected by cancer, so it was really important for us to support the appeal.”