Waitress rises to the top at Bideford pub
- Credit: Archant
Katie takes over as manager of ‘oldest pub’ – 16 years after staring as a waitress.
KATIE Spearman has become the manager of Bideford’s Kings Arms – 16 years after starting work at the pub as a teenage waitress.
The fifth generation Bidefordian said she was excited to be given the opportunity to put her stamp on the iconic quayside inn, which dates back to the mid 1500s.
“This is an exciting time for the Kings Arms,” said Katie.
“I have plenty of ideas for fun events and entertainment for our regulars and new clients who still enjoy a traditional pub with character that is well-run and offers great value and service.”
You may also want to watch:
Landlord Paul Phipps, who took the pub on in 1998 and hired Katie as a fresh-faced 14-year-old, said she had become an ‘invaluable asset’ to the business.
He said: “Katie has always been an integral part of the workings of the pub and she is going to be a fantastic manager and already has the support of our locals and regulars.”
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes