Voting launches for North Devon Food Awards
- Credit: Archant
People can cast their votes online for the first time in the six years the awards have been running.
VOTING launches on Thursday for the 2013 North Devon Food Awards, with the winners announced at October’s FoodFest.
For the first time in six years people can place their votes online and two new categories have been introduced to the mix – best new food business and best use of local produce.
Laura Holt, marketing manager at organisers North Devon+ said: “The awards and Foodfest is just one part North Devon+’s role to support the local economy – we work closely with the food and drink sector, but we also work with a wide range of key partners across the county and the region to create a more productive economy.”
Richard Dingwall of Cream Tea Cafe in Barnstaple, winner of the 2012 super service award, said: “We’ve had lots of new customers coming into the cafe as a result of the publicity we received for winning this award.
You may also want to watch:
“The North Devon Food and Drink Awards celebrate a commitment to quality, dedication and passion and we were thrilled that both the voting public and the judges recognised these qualities in the Cream Tea Cafe.”
Voting will close on 4th September and voters will be entered into a prize draw to win a £500 holiday, courtesy of Cottage Holidays.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
FoodFest will take place on October 20, at Barnstaple Pannier Market.