Votes count more than money
SIR - I am becoming increasingly aware of the fact that you get what you pay for in this world and that goes against the grain as far as my upbringing and life lessons are concerned. It is difficult for the American and British governments to consider mor
SIR - I am becoming increasingly aware of the fact that you get what you pay for in this world and that goes against the grain as far as my upbringing and life lessons are concerned.
It is difficult for the American and British governments to consider moral issues involved with the banking crisis (called worldwide because that's how far it has spread.) After all, they have either knowingly or otherwise accepted funds from corporate organisations of every hue, not least of all banking.
But that doesn't stop politicians being honest with the electorate whose votes should count more than money. Trust is very important, whatsoever the game.
President Obama knows a great deal of money has been spent lobbying those in politics, either side of the pond, but he has to consider the views of the majority of the American people irrespective of the amount of funds given to gain influence. These must be viewed as so much water under the bridge.
You may also want to watch:
It's people who care who make the world go around. Money is just par for the course, or as they say in banking circles these days, "hedging your bets."
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody