Vote to help hospice win solar grant
North Devon charity in the running to win �100k funding
NORTH Devon Hospice is in the running to win �100,000 funding for solar panels at Deer Park, in Barnstaple.
The hospice is one of 19 short-listed community energy projects hoping to benefit from the energyshare fund, launched by British Gas and celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall’s River Cottage.
The money will be decided by public vote and the hospice is calling on supporters to help it to reduce energy bills and put the savings into frontline patient care services.
Ali Hunt, head of fundraising at North Devon Hospice said: “We are calling on people from across Devon to vote for us so we can win funding and make our vision of becoming more sustainable a reality.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope as many people as possible cast their vote for North Devon Hospice by visiting energyshare.com/voting.”
There will be four recipients of funding, decided entirely by the public via a vote that is taking place at energyshare.com/voting. There are three categories: small, medium and large and people can vote once in each category.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
North Devon Hospice is in the small category and faces competition from six other groups.
The winners will be announced after voting closes on Saturday, December 3.
To vote, click on the link at the top right of the page.