Vote for North Devon children’s projects
Your help needed so Action for children charity can do more for youngsters in Barnstaple, South Molton, Chulmleigh and across the region.
A trio of North Devon projects run by the Action for Children charity have been shortlisted for the chance to win �6,000 to help local youngsters.
Barnstaple Area Children’s Centres, South Molton and Chulmleigh District Children’s Centres plus Family Breaks Devon are seeking public votes to win a grant from the NatWest Community Force initiative.
People are urged to go online and vote for their community services. Voting closes on October 23. Each person can vote up to three times in any area but only once for each project.
If successful, Barnstaple would be able to fund a door to door library of books and resources for families who find it more difficult to visit the centres.
You may also want to watch:
South Molton and Chulmleigh District has set up a dads group and the money would build it up to enable fathers to do more activities, such as learning woodwork skills to build toys for their children.
“We would be absolutely delighted to win the NatWest community awards,” said Barnstaple, South Molton and Chulmleigh manager Helen Hallam.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
“Our children’s centres are about giving local children the very best start in life. We work at the heart of our communities, giving families a place to meet, play, learn and find out about other services they can use.”
Family Breaks Devon, run by Action for Children in partnership with Devon County Council, provides short breaks in family homes for children and young people with additional needs, enabling them to enjoy new experiences.
Anna Sains, practice manager said: “Our short breaks foster carers have an overwhelming passion, commitment and dedication in how they care for children.”
To vote for Barnstaple, go to http://communityforce.natwest.com/project/4608.
To vote for South Molton and Chulmleigh: http://communityforce.natwest.com/project/4573.
To vote for Family Breaks Devon: http://communityforce.natwest.com/project/4460.
North Devon Hospice has also applied for the award. To vote, go to communityforce.natwest.com/project/5371.