Vote for Ilfracombe’s ‘Little Hero’
- Credit: Archant
Nine-year-old Maddison needs the public vote to win a national competition.
AN Ilfracombe girl who has made it her mission to help raise money to beat cancer needs public votes after reaching the semi final of a national competition.
Maddison Howell, aged nine, has been shortlisted for the Little Heroes competition for her work on behalf of Cancer Research UK, inspired after her mum Dawn was diagnosed with cervical cancer 12 years ago.
Now she needs online votes to reach the final and be in with a chance to win a £1,000 family holiday.
The competition is run by family pub chain Fayre and Square and children’s play centre Wacky Warehouse, and people can vote for Maddison via the Fayre and Square Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
It aims to recognise children who have gone the extra mile and deserve to be treated with a family holiday and Wacky Gold Card, entitling them to a year’s free play.
She was nominated by Dawn, 33, and will now go head to head in a Facebook vote against nine others.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 9 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 10 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
“She’s already a hero in my eyes, but the recognition of this competition would be the icing on the cake for the whole family,” said Dawn.
“She goes out of her way to raise money for Cancer Research to ensure as many little boys and girls as possible don’t risk losing their parents to this horrible disease.”
You can vote for Maddison at www.facebook.com/fayreandsquare. The competition closes on 2 September.