Volunteers wanted for summer project
Young Devon are holding an information evening for young people and volunteers to find out more about an exciting summer project.
AN OPEN evening for young people and potential volunteers will offer an exciting opportunity to learn about a community based youth project.
National Citizen Service graduates will be on hand to explain how they have benefitted from the scheme, which has delivered more than 30 schemes from conservation work on Exmoor to gardening projects.
Young Devon will be holding an information evening on March 13 from 6.30pm – 8.30pm at the Wings Hall in Bideford.
Amy Sands, Young Devon’s development services’ coordinator, said: “NCS doesn’t just offer opportunities for young people but there are a huge number of flexible opportunities for volunteers to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking for people from all backgrounds to support the program which offers young people around the county a real chance to embed themselves in their local communities delivering projects that make a real difference.”
Volunteers over the age of 18 can apply for full or part time flexible positions on the summer programmes which run between July and September.
- 1 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects
If you would like to volunteer or are a young person who wants to take part in community projects, email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in attending the information evening.