Volunteers wanted for summer project
Young Devon are holding an information evening for young people and volunteers to find out more about an exciting summer project.
AN OPEN evening for young people and potential volunteers will offer an exciting opportunity to learn about a community based youth project.
National Citizen Service graduates will be on hand to explain how they have benefitted from the scheme, which has delivered more than 30 schemes from conservation work on Exmoor to gardening projects.
Young Devon will be holding an information evening on March 13 from 6.30pm – 8.30pm at the Wings Hall in Bideford.
Amy Sands, Young Devon’s development services’ coordinator, said: “NCS doesn’t just offer opportunities for young people but there are a huge number of flexible opportunities for volunteers to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking for people from all backgrounds to support the program which offers young people around the county a real chance to embed themselves in their local communities delivering projects that make a real difference.”
Volunteers over the age of 18 can apply for full or part time flexible positions on the summer programmes which run between July and September.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
If you would like to volunteer or are a young person who wants to take part in community projects, email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in attending the information evening.