Volunteers recognised for service at Arlington Court
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers recognised for their hard work by National Trust ahead of recruitment drive for next year.
A NUMBER of volunteers at Arlington Court were recognised for their service at a festive lunch, ahead of a new recruitment drive.
Ivor Ferguson received the first award for 25 years of service in Arlington’s history at the lunch attended by more than 180 volunteers.
Fourteen-year-old Nathan Fouche also received a special recognition award for helping the outdoor team with their family events programme.
Paula Martin, house and collections manager who handed out the awards and said: These awards give the property team the opportunity to recognise our volunteers for the work they undertake and their ongoing commitment to the National Trust.”
You may also want to watch:
Arlington will be looking for more volunteers to join their busy teams at the beginning of next year with a series of volunteer recruitment days running at the property during February Half Term from 15 – 21 February, 11am-1pm.
Susan Dyer, who started volunteering as a room guide at Arlington this year, said: “When I started volunteering at Arlington I was immediately impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone I met, both staff and volunteers; and I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
“Volunteering is a very good way of seeing how a property is run from the inside and I can certainly recommend it.”
For more information call Arlington Court on 01271 851126.