Volunteering fayre at East-the-Water
A Volunteering Fayre arranged by Torridge Volunteer Centre is being held at the Pollyfield Centre, East-the-Water, Bideford, on Tuesday December 1 from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. Initiatives will be promoted and training providers and organisations that have vol
A Volunteering Fayre arranged by Torridge Volunteer Centre is being held at the Pollyfield Centre, East-the-Water, Bideford, on Tuesday December 1 from 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Initiatives will be promoted and training providers and organisations that have volunteering opportunities will be present.
The event is being supported by the Bideford East Neighbourhood Management Group.
Dawn Milner, volunteer centre manager, said: "We are encouraging people to come along and find out what they can gain from volunteering - it is not just the person or groups that benefit - the volunteer can, too. Volunteering can be used as a possible route towards employment, a way of gaining skills or using existing skills, showing commitment, take advantage of free training opportunities, building self confidence or gaining references
You may also want to watch:
"There is no obligation to commit to anything, if you have some spare time or are looking for something to do why not come and find out about the many varied opportunities there are. Free refreshments will be available to all visitors.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 3 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death