Volunteering fayre at East-the-Water
A Volunteering Fayre arranged by Torridge Volunteer Centre is being held at the Pollyfield Centre, East-the-Water, Bideford, on Tuesday December 1 from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. Initiatives will be promoted and training providers and organisations that have vol
A Volunteering Fayre arranged by Torridge Volunteer Centre is being held at the Pollyfield Centre, East-the-Water, Bideford, on Tuesday December 1 from 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Initiatives will be promoted and training providers and organisations that have volunteering opportunities will be present.
The event is being supported by the Bideford East Neighbourhood Management Group.
Dawn Milner, volunteer centre manager, said: "We are encouraging people to come along and find out what they can gain from volunteering - it is not just the person or groups that benefit - the volunteer can, too. Volunteering can be used as a possible route towards employment, a way of gaining skills or using existing skills, showing commitment, take advantage of free training opportunities, building self confidence or gaining references
You may also want to watch:
"There is no obligation to commit to anything, if you have some spare time or are looking for something to do why not come and find out about the many varied opportunities there are. Free refreshments will be available to all visitors.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 6 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 10 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer