Volunteering fayre at East-the-Water
A Volunteering Fayre arranged by Torridge Volunteer Centre is being held at the Pollyfield Centre, East-the-Water, Bideford, on Tuesday December 1 from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. Initiatives will be promoted and training providers and organisations that have vol
A Volunteering Fayre arranged by Torridge Volunteer Centre is being held at the Pollyfield Centre, East-the-Water, Bideford, on Tuesday December 1 from 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Initiatives will be promoted and training providers and organisations that have volunteering opportunities will be present.
The event is being supported by the Bideford East Neighbourhood Management Group.
Dawn Milner, volunteer centre manager, said: "We are encouraging people to come along and find out what they can gain from volunteering - it is not just the person or groups that benefit - the volunteer can, too. Volunteering can be used as a possible route towards employment, a way of gaining skills or using existing skills, showing commitment, take advantage of free training opportunities, building self confidence or gaining references
You may also want to watch:
"There is no obligation to commit to anything, if you have some spare time or are looking for something to do why not come and find out about the many varied opportunities there are. Free refreshments will be available to all visitors.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year