Vintage meet sees legendary board shaper come to town
The Museum of British Surfing will be hosting the first gathering of its kind with a variety of boards dating back more than 100 years.
A LEGENDARY board shaper will be the special guest at a Vintage Surf Meet in Braunton on Sunday.
Bing Copeland will be at the first event of its kind at the Museum of British Surfing where collectors from all over the UK can display, buy, sell and swap their best vintage surfboards.
The event is run by the museum and Al Lindsay from the vintage surfboards UK website and will run from 11am to 3pm with food on site.
Exhibitors will get a free ticket to the museum and a discount on souvenirs, but must bring stands of matting for their boards.
You may also want to watch:
The vintage meet will be in the car park next to the museum and will be free; entry to the museum on the day will be a special one off price of �3 per person (under 16s free).
There will also be a film night in Croyde on the Saturday from 7pm with live music from Matthew P, a live interview with Bing and a viewing of the new surf movie, Boardroom.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 10 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
Anyone interested in exhibiting at the vintage meet can do so for free but must register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org