Vintage meet sees legendary board shaper come to town
The Museum of British Surfing will be hosting the first gathering of its kind with a variety of boards dating back more than 100 years.
A LEGENDARY board shaper will be the special guest at a Vintage Surf Meet in Braunton on Sunday.
Bing Copeland will be at the first event of its kind at the Museum of British Surfing where collectors from all over the UK can display, buy, sell and swap their best vintage surfboards.
The event is run by the museum and Al Lindsay from the vintage surfboards UK website and will run from 11am to 3pm with food on site.
Exhibitors will get a free ticket to the museum and a discount on souvenirs, but must bring stands of matting for their boards.
You may also want to watch:
The vintage meet will be in the car park next to the museum and will be free; entry to the museum on the day will be a special one off price of �3 per person (under 16s free).
There will also be a film night in Croyde on the Saturday from 7pm with live music from Matthew P, a live interview with Bing and a viewing of the new surf movie, Boardroom.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
Anyone interested in exhibiting at the vintage meet can do so for free but must register by emailing email@example.com