Village invited to enter national bloom awards
North Devon to be represented at national finals
BERRYNARBOR has been invited to represent the South West in this year’s national Britain in Bloom competition.
The village, long recognised as one of the least spoilt villages in North Devon, has achieved outstanding success in the South West Britain in Bloom and Best Kept Village competitions over many years.
Berry in Bloom spokesperson Jenny Downer said the committee was pleased to accept the invitation and had started working towards achieving a strong performance in the village section of the nationwide contest.
“Berrynarbor’s participation in the national competition will bring it and North Devon exposure in local and national press,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“Berry in Bloom would be pleased to hear from any business or person interested in offering sponsorship to ensure we obtain the best possible result from our endeavours.”
If you think you can help the village with sponsorship, contact either Jenny Downer on (01271) 882089 or Wendy Applegate on (01271) 882296.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes