Village hall committee grateful for support
SIR - Beaford Village Hall Committee is pleased to announce that its building project incorporating an accessible toilet into the entrance lobby area of the hall has now been completed and all the internal areas refurbished. The village hall now has a m
SIR - Beaford Village Hall Committee is pleased to announce that its building project incorporating an accessible toilet into the entrance lobby area of the hall has now been completed and all the internal areas refurbished.
The village hall now has a much needed facility for wheelchair users and those with ambulant difficulties.
The committee would like to express their thanks to the following organisations for their generous grants:
The Community Council of Devon for their grant of �5,811.00;
You may also want to watch:
The Mercers' Company, London for their grant of �750.00;
Councillor Rosemary Lock at Torridge District Council for the Councillor Community Grant Scheme and their grant of �500.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Without all these grants it would not have been possible to complete this project.
Finally, we would like to thank the builders, Bob Kay and Pat Warren, for their patience and professionalism during the project and for working with the village to minimise the disruption to the users of the hall.
John Spilstead, Beaford Village Hall Committee.