Village bingo’s a hit
Since the beginning of the year I, with help from Linda Wellstead, have run bingo sessions in the Braunton Parish Hall on several Fridays.
I hadn’t planned to do this but someone pulled out of their booked times and rather than people missing out on their social evenings I took the cancelled dates on.
We called it “Village Bingo” and decided that any money that was made after expenses would go to small groups and associations in the villages that needed extra cash. All the groups had to do was ask us!
So far we have given �50 to Kingsacre School for new footballs, and �50 to Caen After School Club towards music. Although we hadn’t been asked by Southmead Primary School for any money, we recently sent them �50 – we couldn’t leave them out as they are our only other primary school in Braunton.
Whilst I was chair of the governors I knew that a company came to the school for them to buy extra books and in the past I had given money towards buying books, so maybe that is what the school will use it for, or something for the playground to be used during break times.
You may also want to watch:
We still have some money left over and would be only too delighted for groups to ask for a grant. My phone number is 01271 813357.
May I say a “big thank you” to all the people who help me each evening: Christine our caller, Betty and John for doing the door and raffle, May and Gerald for making the welcome cup of tea and biscuits ready during the interval, and I must not forget Linda who was conned into helping me.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience