Video: Jack-knifed lorry causes chaos in Barnstaple High Street
“I’m not lovin’ it”... McDonald’s lorry gets stuck in Barnstaple High Street — outside the Wimpy.
THIS McDonald’s delivery driver was not “lovin’ it” after his articulated lorry became stuck in the centre of Barnstaple this morning (Tuesday).
The vehicle with the trademark “I’m lovin’ it” McDonald’s logo, had jack-knifed in the narrow junction between Cross Street and High Street, completely blocking the road to traffic.Police officers and its driver tried again and again to inch it around the corner without going through the front window of the Nationwide.
Barnstaple McDonald’s franchisee David Hunt said it was delivery day and he thought it had been “a classic sat-nav problem”.
“No way should it have been in the town centre, they do not usually come through there,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“On behalf of McDonald’s I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused, particularly to Herbert Malek for having a big lorry stuck outside his Wimpy restaurant.”
A crane was despatched to the scene to help free the lorry shortly after midday.
- 1 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 2 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 5 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 6 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 7 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 8 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Bounce back victory for Barnstaple