Video: Jack-knifed lorry causes chaos in Barnstaple High Street
“I’m not lovin’ it”... McDonald’s lorry gets stuck in Barnstaple High Street — outside the Wimpy.
THIS McDonald’s delivery driver was not “lovin’ it” after his articulated lorry became stuck in the centre of Barnstaple this morning (Tuesday).
The vehicle with the trademark “I’m lovin’ it” McDonald’s logo, had jack-knifed in the narrow junction between Cross Street and High Street, completely blocking the road to traffic.Police officers and its driver tried again and again to inch it around the corner without going through the front window of the Nationwide.
Barnstaple McDonald’s franchisee David Hunt said it was delivery day and he thought it had been “a classic sat-nav problem”.
“No way should it have been in the town centre, they do not usually come through there,” he said.
“On behalf of McDonald’s I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused, particularly to Herbert Malek for having a big lorry stuck outside his Wimpy restaurant.”
A crane was despatched to the scene to help free the lorry shortly after midday.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?