Video: Ilfracombe does the Harlem Shake
- Credit: Archant
The latest viral YouTube dance craze comes to town...
THE latest internet dance craze to hit Ilfracombe saw more than 30 hardy souls ‘shivering and shaking’ in the shadow of Verity on Saturday.
They were creating their own version of the ‘Harlem Shake’, a YouTube craze in the ‘Gangnam Style’ vein, which received a whopping 2,500 hits on the video website in less than 24 hours.
TDK Lambda employees Nick Marsh, Nick Heighington and Tim Broxholme were discussing the latest ‘viral’ fad on Friday and decided it would be fun to stage their own Harlem Shake video in Ilfracombe.
The video formula features an excerpt from the song Harlem Shake by Baauer, with a costumed figure dancing alone in a crowd that isn’t paying any attention to them – 15 seconds later the video cuts to the entire crowd dancing like crazy.
You may also want to watch:
“The turn out was excellent when you consider the group was formed at 9pm on Friday, which left just the Saturday for people to prepare. The hardest part was getting someone who could film it, and thank you Stuart Nottage,” said Nick Marsh.
“The weather was thankfully dry but painfully cold. Everyone taking part, including children of all ages, had a great time going completely mental for a couple of minutes.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
* Watch the Harlem Shake on Ilfracombe Pier by clicking on the video here.