Video: Croyde lifeguards rescue 15 from rip
- Credit: RNLI
The RNLI battles rip currents through the weekend as more than 20 people are helped to safety on Sunday and Monday.
RNLI lifeguards at Croyde rescued 15 people after they were swept out to sea by a rip current on Sunday.
Lifeguard Archie Willis responded on the Rescue Water Craft (jetski) while his colleagues went in on rescue boards and tubes to bring the casualties in.
“Sunday was probably one the busiest days the RNLI lifeguards have had all season,” said Phil Hill, RNLI lifeguard manager.
“The lifeguards did a great job using all the resources on the beach - we had a couple of rescue boards which acted as floating platforms for the casualties to hold on to while the lifeguards went backwards and forward to bring them safely back to shore.”
You may also want to watch:
On Monday the Croyde lifeguards were back in action, this time James Bunney rescued three people on a rescue board, while his colleagues helped a further five back to shore safely.
* CLICK on the video here to watch James carry out his speedy rescues on Monday.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new