Video and Pictures: Properties flooded in Lynmouth
It is estimated 10 properties fell victim to the high tide in the coastal village last night (Wed).
PROPERTIES in Lynmouth felt the full force of the high tides and gale force winds last night (Wed).
The Environment Agency confirmed 10 properties, a mixture of domestic and business, had been flooded.
High tide peaked between 8pm and 9pm last night and gale force winds brought high waves crashing onto the sea front.
Reports came in on Twitter last night that cars had been trapped in floodwater.
You may also want to watch:
@EnvAgencySW said: “Some cars have been trapped in flood water at #Lynmouth. Please don’t try to walk through floodwater to your car - it can be very dangerous.”
A further tweet from the agency also said: “Our teams are on site now dealing with flooding at #Lynmouth. We think 10 properties have been flooded. #SWFlood”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
For more photos see out gallery in the top right of the page.
Were you in Lynmouth last night? Did you witness the flooding? Call the newsdesk on 01271 345056 or email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org