Verity sign approved
- Credit: Archant
Hirst statue to get information board.
THE go-ahead has been given for a stainless steel mount and interpretation board to give people information about Ilfracombe giantess Verity.
The information board will be positioned on the opposite side of the harbour in the gardens on Marine Drive, directly in line with Damien Hirst’s 67-foot bronze sculpture on the pier.
North Devon Councillors unanimously approved the proposal at a planning meeting on Wednesday.
The metre-tall information board will be finished in satin black with an angled interpretation board finished in vitreous enamel and cast bronze plate.
You may also want to watch:
The council said it would represent the next phase of completion for the controversial piece of work that has attracted both admiration and criticism from the local people and visitors.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new