Verity sign approved
- Credit: Archant
Hirst statue to get information board.
THE go-ahead has been given for a stainless steel mount and interpretation board to give people information about Ilfracombe giantess Verity.
The information board will be positioned on the opposite side of the harbour in the gardens on Marine Drive, directly in line with Damien Hirst’s 67-foot bronze sculpture on the pier.
North Devon Councillors unanimously approved the proposal at a planning meeting on Wednesday.
The metre-tall information board will be finished in satin black with an angled interpretation board finished in vitreous enamel and cast bronze plate.
You may also want to watch:
The council said it would represent the next phase of completion for the controversial piece of work that has attracted both admiration and criticism from the local people and visitors.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience