Verity sign approved
- Credit: Archant
Hirst statue to get information board.
THE go-ahead has been given for a stainless steel mount and interpretation board to give people information about Ilfracombe giantess Verity.
The information board will be positioned on the opposite side of the harbour in the gardens on Marine Drive, directly in line with Damien Hirst’s 67-foot bronze sculpture on the pier.
North Devon Councillors unanimously approved the proposal at a planning meeting on Wednesday.
The metre-tall information board will be finished in satin black with an angled interpretation board finished in vitreous enamel and cast bronze plate.
The council said it would represent the next phase of completion for the controversial piece of work that has attracted both admiration and criticism from the local people and visitors.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple